In my own personal experience, the cashiers at CVS, at least in my area, are pretty coupon friendly. Which counts for a lot in my book.
Here is the rundown of how to shop & coupon at CVS:
- To get the sale price, earn & spend ECB (Extra Care Bucks) you’ll need a CVS card
- Sign-up for a card at the cash register
- ECB’s are coupons for $$$’s off that you can use on future purchases (these are comparable to Register Rewards at Walgreens or Catalinas at many grocery stores).
- You can redeem multiple ECB’s in a single transaction
- In order to earn ECB’s you only have to spend 98% of the advertised deal to earn it. *I think this is the coolest thing about CVS and it is something that Walgreen doesn’t do).
- For example, say you need to spend $15 to earn $5 in ECB’s…if you spend $14.70 you’ll still earn the $5 ECB
- Each time you go to the store scan your card at the Coupon Kiosk to get the week’s store coupon. You can combine these printed coupons with manufacturer’s coupon for additional savings.